Dr Xia Lou
Bsc, MSc Wuhan PhD Dublin
|Faculty||Faculty of Science & Engineering|
|School||School of Chem & Petroleum Engineering|
|Department||Dept of Chemical Engineering|
|Phone||+618 9266 1682|
|Fax||+618 9266 2681|
- Polymers and nanomaterials for: Tissue regeneration, Cancer targeting, Gas hydrates inhibition, Methane storage, and Water treatment
Back to top
Journal Articles (Research)
- Ding, A., L. Yang, S. Fan, and X. Lou. 2013. “Reversible methane storage in porous hydrogel supported clathrates.” Chemical Engineering Science 96: 124-130.
- Feng, X., S. Zhang, and X. Lou. 2013. “Controlling silica coating thickness on TiO2 nanoparticles for effective photodynamic therapy.” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 107: 220-226.
- Tian, L., X. Lou, Z. Pan, Q. Huang, and H. Zhou. 2013. “Synthesis, characterisation and catalase-like activity of silica-coated magnetite nanoparticles modified by a Schiff base Mn complex.” Micro & Nano Letters 8: 159-162.
- Lou, X., A. Ding, N. Maeda, S. Wang, K. Kozielski, and P. G. Hartley. 2012. “Synthesis of Effective Kinetic Inhibitors for Natural Gas Hydrates.” Energy & Fuels 26: 1037-1043.
- Ding, Y., J. Xu, Z. Pan, H. Zhou., and X. Lou. 2012. “Structure, magnetic property and DNA cleavage ability of heterometal Mn2IIINi2II complex with ONO tridentate ligands.” Inorganic Chemistry Communications 22: 40-43.
- Mohd-Mahali, S., S. Wang, X. Lou, and S. Pintowantoro. 2012. “Numerical methods for estimating effective diffusion coefficients of three-dimensional drug delivery systems.” Numerical Algebra, Control and Optimization 2 (2): 377-393.
- Setiyorini, Y., X. Lou, and S. Pintowantoro. 2012. “The Influence of Temperature and Drug Concentrations Prednisolone in NIPAAm Copolymer.” Procedia Chemistry 4: 336-342.
- Xu, X. X., J. X. Zhang, F. Guo, W. Zheng, H. M. Zhou, B. L. Wang, Y. F. Zheng, Y. B. Wang, Y. Cheng, X. Lou et al. 2011. “A novel amperometric hydrogen peroxide biosensor based on immobilized Hb in Pluronic P123-nanographene platelets composite.” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 84: 427-432.
- Meng, Z. X., X. X. Xu, W. Zheng, H. M. Zhou, L. Li, Y. F. Zheng, and X. Lou. 2011. “Preparation and characterization of electrospun PLGA/gelatin nanofibers as a potential drug delivery system.” Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 84: 97-102.
- Mahali, S. M., S. Wang, and X. Lou. 2011. “Determination of effective diffusion coefficients of drug delivery devices by a state observer approach.” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems Series B 16 (4): 1119-1136.
- Li, J., W. Zheng, Y. Zheng, and X. Lou. 2011. “Cell responses and hemocompatibility of g-HA/PLA composites.” Science in China Series C: Life Sciences 54 (4): 366-371.
- Ding, A., S. Wang, T. Pelemis, C. Crisafio, and X. Lou. 2010. “Specific critical concentrations of low dosage hydrate inhibitors in a THF–NaCl hydrate formation solution.” Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering 5: 577-584.
- Rojas, Y., C. M. Phan, and X. Lou. 2010. “Dynamic surface tension studies on poly(N-vinylcaprolactam/N-vinylpyrrolidone/N,N-dimethylaminoethyl methacrylate) at the air-liquid interface.” Colloids and Surfaces A - Physiochemical and Engineering Aspects 355: 99-103.
- Wang, S., and X. Lou. 2010. “Numerical methods for the estimation of effective diffusion coefficients for 2D controlled drug delivery systems.” Optimization and Engineering 11 (4): 611-626.
- Wang, S., S. M. Mahali, A. McGuiness, and X. Lou. 2010. “Mathematical models for estimating effective diffusion parameters of spherical drug delivery devices.” Theoretical Chemistry Accounts: Theory, Computation, and Modeling (Theoretica Chimica Acta) 125 (3-6): 659-669.
- Rojas, Y., and X. Lou. 2009. “Instrumental analysis of gas hydrates properties.” Asia Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering 5 (2): 310-323.
- Wang, S., and X. Lou. 2009. “An optimization approach to the estimation of effective drug diffusivity : from a planar disc into a finite external volume.” Journal of Industrial and management optimization 5 (1): 127-140.
- Li, C., Y. Zheng, and X. Lou. 2009. “Calcification capacity of porous pHEMA-TiO2 composite hydrogels.” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine 20 (11): 2215-2222.
- Li, J., W. Zheng, L. li, Y. Zheng, and X. Lou. 2009. “Thermal degradation kinetics of g-HA/PLA composite.” Thermochimica Acta 493: 90-95.
- Yu, Y., X. Lou, and H. Wu. 2008. “Some recent advances in hydrolysis of biomass in hot-compressed water and its comparisons with other hydrolysis methods.” Energy and Fuels 22 (1): 46-60.
- Lou, X., S. Wang, and S. Y. Tan. 2007. “Mathematics-aided quantitative analysis of diffusion characteristics of pHEMA sponge hydrogels.” Asia-Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering 2 (6): 609-617.
- Wang, S., and X. Lou. 2007. “New Mathematical Model for Effective Drug Diffusivity Estimation in 2D.” Materials Science Forum 561-565: 1557-1560.
- Hicks, C., D. Morrison, X. Lou, G. J. Crawford, A. Gadjatsy, and I. J. Constable. 2006. “Orbital implants: potential new directions.” Expert Review of Medical Devices 3 (6): 805-815.
- Lou, X., S. Vijayasekaran, R. Sugiharti, and T. Robertson. 2005. “Morphological and topographic effects on calcification tendency of pHEMA hydrogels.” Biomaterials 26: 5808-5817.
- Lou, X., S. Munro, and S. Wang. 2004. “Drug release characteristics of phase separation pHEMA sponge materials.” Biomaterials 25: 5071-5080.
- Hicks, C. R., G. J. Crawford, X. Lou, D. T. Tan, G. R. Snibson, G. Sutton, N. Downie, L. Werner, T. V. Chirila, and I. J. Constable. 2003. “Corneal replacement using a synthetic hydrogel cornea, AlphaCorTM: device, preliminary outcomes and complications.” Eye 17: 385-392.
Conference Articles (Research)
- Guo, H., F. Ma, X. Lou, X. Feng, and M. O. Tade. 2013. “Application of iron oxide based nanomaterials (NMs) in magnetic assisted chemical separation (MACS) processes for water/wastewater treatment.” In 2nd International Conference on Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development, Oct 12, 2012, Jilin, China: Trans Tech Publications Inc.
- Grenik, E., T. Becker, and X. Lou. 2010. “In situ characterisation of protein interactions with hydrogel polymers via AFM.” In Chemeca 2010, Sep 26, 2010, Adelaide: ICMS Pty Ltd.
- Han, Z., P. Ng, C. Lim, and X. Lou. 2010. “The effect of polymer additives on the formation and fluorescence properties of cerium hydroxysulfate.” In Chemeca 2010, Sep 26, 2010, Adelaide: ICMS Pty Ltd.
- Ding, A., S. Wang, T. Pelemis, C. Crisafio, K. Kozielski, and X. Lou. 2009. “Concentration effect on the inhibition efficiency of low dose hydrate inhibitors.” In Chemeca 2009, Sep 27, 2009, Burswood Entertainment Complex: Engineers Australia.
- Li, C., C. M. Lai, M. De Pinho, and X. Lou. 2009. “Effect of TiO2 nanoparticles on the calcification capacity of porous phema hydrogels.” In 8th World Congress of Chemical Engineering, Aug 23, 2009, Montreal, Canada: Not known.
- Wang, S., A. Ding, and X. Lou. 2009. “Evaluation methods for low does gas hydrate inhibitors.” In Chemeca 2009, Sep 27, 2009, Burswood Entertainment Complex: Engineers Australia.
- Rojas, Y., and X. Lou. 2009. “Surface behaviour of polyvinylcaprolactam at the air-liquid interface.” In Chemeca 2009, Sep 27, 2009, Burswood Entertainment Complex: Engineers Australia.
- Rojas, Y., and X. Lou. 2008. “Methods and techniques for natural gas hydrates characterisation : A review.” In CHEMECA 2008 Towards a Sustainable Australasia, Sep 28, 2008, Newcastle, NSW, Australia: IChemE, Engineers Australia, RACI and Society of Chemical Engineers New Zealand.
- Yu, Y., X. Lou, and H. Wu. 2007. “Biomass Hydrolysis for Sugar Recovery: a Review.” In CHEMECA 2007 Academia and Industry Strengthening the Profession, Sep 23, 2007, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia: IChemE, Engineers Australia and RACI.